Saturday, August 11, 2007

Steamy Art

Tawny and Jeff kidnapped me for a late afternoon jaunt to downtown St. Petersburg for some art therapy. We stopped first at St. Petersburg Clay Factory so Jeff could buy some clear glaze and other stuff for his kiln. My sidekick and I explored all the clay goodies on display for purchase by the artists who rent studio space there.

From the clay place, we flitted in and out of art boutiques and furniture shops marvelling at the unique offerings and also getting some inspiration for our own art.

Dinner became an Italian theme when the place Jeff had picked out was closed and was not staying open for the Downtown Art Walk tonight. The atmosphere was relaxing and became more so after the glass of tasty Shiraz I imbibed. We all agreed it was the most relaxing spot we have been in all week. The food was prepared well and the Italian music piped throughout was not intrusive during the meal. Finished with some coffee to perk me up for the art walk.

Rain drizzled for a bit and we played peek-a-boo with it under the awnings. We had our umbrellas in case it down poured. The rain produced steam from hitting the hot pavement. We were unnecessarily perspiring from the humidity and our clothes became uncomfortable which didn't dampen our fun at all.

My contribution to supporting the local artists was buying the porcelain dragonfly encircled in gold glaze below at one of the galleries. The artist was on hand to talk to visitors. She was very nice and made me feel really good about buying her art. It can be used like a pendant or as a pin. I will most likely use it as a pendant using satin ribbon or a gold chain.



We stopped at a few more galleries and let the creative vibes spin its magic on us. On the way home, we listened to recordings by British comedian Eddie Izzard and Scottish comedian Bill Connolly. It was interrupted momentarily by a call from San Francisco Trish who was checking up on me to make sure I was okay. She is so sweet.

Jeff honored my earlier request by stopping at my favorite bookseller so I could buy a new book by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I also bought a children's book that would be contributed to the Ronald McDonald House. My supportive moves today were satisfying my Spreading The Love needs.

An evening filled with beautiful art, loving for the world and good friends...What could be better?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: