Thursday, August 16, 2007

Penny Nails

By 10:30am, our accounting department had Bridget and me chewing penny nails. They were in rare form today. Our temp was in rare form, too. Just a lovefest over here.

The accounting team and my group work under the same Sr. VP of Finance, but they seem to forget that little detail. It has escalated into an Us v. Them kind of mentality. These people need to grow up. Apparently the move to a new building the past weekend didn't improve their attitude one iota.

Our temp, on the other hand, is categorized as a vendor. She decided to make an appointment with two other vendors. I thought perchance that they had dropped in without an appointment, but when I looked at her make-up application, her hair coiffed (better than most days) and her dress through the window as I passed by, I knew she had made an appointment with them. She is not a formal employee of our company and has no business talking to them as a voice for our company. Sigh.

I didn't want to embarrass her in front of her guests so I let it run its course. She seemed pretty proud of herself and was bragging afterwards. Several minutes into our own conversation, her bubble was burst by yours truly. This whole thing caused quite the stir to be addressed again very soon. When I asked her why she met with them and didn't let us know in advance, she said they wanted to meet her and wanted to know about what she does. Good grief! What is up with people looking for validation in the most odd ways?

The Universe took pity on me in the afternoon and let me find my equilibrium. I was able to maintain it into the evening. I am very grateful that tomorrow is Friday. Of course, some funnyman bastard at work told me in a very excited tone that it was only three more days until Monday. Almost turned into a murderess, but remembered my recent Tao readings from my new sleeping ritual. Just in time.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: