Friday, August 03, 2007

Rubber Essence

With laptop on my lap, I am logged into work while at the tire shop; however, I am slowly being poisoned by the noxious fumes of rubber thanks to the tires displayed in the lobby. I am getting a headache and feeling queasy. Haven't had breakfast yet either.

The motor club took their sweet time getting there (over an hour!), but the gentleman who changed the flat to the spare was nice. I think he was a retired military man. It is easy to spot them anywhere just by watching their behavior. You can't train the younger mechanics out of the box in that kind of behavior of being thorough, courteous, and respectful of you and your things.

Okay...if I post an update later, you know I have sufficiently survived my tire shop visit. What is up with my theme lately of air and not being able to breathe? Someone clue me in or give me a zen-type of answer preferably before I experience death by rubber essence.

Updated: I survived! Wood screw no longer harming my tire. Breakfast satisfying from drive-thru McDonald's. I am no longer breathing rubber fumes..until tomorrow morning when I go back for them to replace a connector on one of my headlights. My nose is more sensitive than most so this rubber smell just nauseates me. I have that gas mask somewhere...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: