Thursday, August 23, 2007

Drink Boba Tea with Big Straws

An indifferent work haze has fallen over me. I continue to work without pausing for meaning in what I am doing. If there is a problem, I fix it. If there is a question, I answer it. If it needs ordering, I buy it. Simple. And numbing.

Surreal conversations are the only things that can make their way through the haze. For example, Bridget was complaining (out of the blue) that her butt eats her underwear. Yeah, I know. Even so far as describing that her boxer shorts become thongs by the end of the day. She skates about 12 miles a few times a week especially when she is at roller derby practice. All this activity has been making her rear end tighter. She joked that it was like a Vertical PacMan. OMG!

She is a beautiful girl with a crazy sense of humor. The other ladies who are intimidated by her are missing out on the fact that she is fabulously demented. When you get her going, she begins to snort while she laughs. I almost died today as she related this very important Bridget Fact on her behind. My guess is she likes to see how I would react and if I will find it hysterical. She is never disappointed.

Two weeks ago, Ant from work talked about Vietnamese food. It stuck on my mind so I IM'ed Kathy to see if she would like to go with me and explore. Her boyfriend Jamie would not have liked it so he would get left at home, Mr. Meat and Potatoes Man that he is.

Kathy picked me up tonight and drove us to our first Vietnamese restaurant. There is another one we would like to try, but I believe we will stick to Saigon Bay for a bit. Most of the menu is more Americanized, but we didn't care. We were learning about new food and compared it to other Asian food.

We shared some veggie spring rolls first. Kathy ordered Lemon Grass Tofu served with rice for her main course. I had something called a Bun Bowl and mine had rice vermicelli noodles, fresh veggies julienned, lemongrass, mint leaves, marinated prawns that were grilled and seasoned pork on barbecue stick served with a side of sauce. Our tastebuds were having a party! All these goodies followed by boba tea (drink mixture with tapioca pearls at the bottom). Not sure where this idea started exactly, but a good number of Asian places have been serving these. Asians love floaty things in their drinks.

Here is Kathy with her banana flavored Boba Tea. She loved this part best.


Notice the ginormous straws so you can suck the tapioca pearls at the bottom. Mine was the right one - pina colada flavor since I didn't get one last night at the bar. These drinks were very happy indeed.


We were very pleased to have gone to this restaurant where the waitstaff didn't work my nerve. They were very polite and let you enjoy your meal. Service was great; we can't wait to go back again and try other dishes.

Kathy dropped me back off, but not before I gave her the ten-cent tour of my apartment showing her some of the new changes. She really liked the new bathroom curtain and ribbons. Will have to take a picture for you later. Much too late in the evening now. Speaking of which, this page has been increasingly blurry. I'd better chase some Z's.

[SIDENOTE: If you like cats, you will like this link my cousin Angie sent me on Ping Pong. I don't know why the last one is in costume. The whole thing is just wrong.]
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

Dreaming of my next boba tea...