Monday, August 20, 2007

Not That Innaressin'

My back-up hair dryer stopped working. Normally, this would be an ACM (AGOL Crisis Moment), but not this morning. (Hello Shallowville!) I had already washed my hair last evening and let it air dry. A little bit of curling and a lot of hairspray made me a candidate for the 1970s Show Charlie's Angels. I'd like to say it stayed that way all day, but with this humidity and my hair being thick, it didn't. Received compliments on it all day though. Lisa teased me that I must have had a lot of time this morning. If she only knew it took five minutes.

It was the first day back to school in my county so I left early trying to anticipate the extra traffic and unexpectedly got to work earlier. Quite enjoyed the drive in the cleaner car. Arrived before Bridget.

Poor girl shared her boyfriend blues today. I didn't mention this yesterday, but San Francisco Trish was having them, too. Sent her a text message with encouragement just before her lunchtime. I say throw the lot of them into a cage so they can be poked at with crude sticks or be made to watch chick flicks and have endless discussions on the pros and cons of waxing vs. shaving.

Work was both slow and fast. I am just glad the day was over so I could shop for a new hair dryer under Tawny's careful eye. I gave her a ride to British Jeff's house where she and her husband are still staying while it is still on the market. I asked her if she could come with me to purchase the new hairdryer before taking her.

Haven't had proper time to research, but I knew the features I wanted BESIDES DRYING (for you smarty pants). I can get very particular if you hadn't guessed already. Ended up with something in the middle, not too simple - not to complicated or bulky.

Not much to rave about really. I laughed watching sitcoms for two hours tonight and online earlier I found out what a Ghillie Suit is. I always thought it fell under the heading of camouflage. Maybe I can make one with copy paper, staples, paperclips, clear tape and various orphan computer parts for work tomorrow and see it if works inside.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: