Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dirty Martinis and Me

Drove a different time window this morning and arrived to work in great time. I soon found out that there were no minutes to spare with calls with my interim boss, my workload and annoying conference calls. Ugh.

Bridget and I made each other laugh hysterically during the short lulls. This chick was a total trip. She was supposed to join us for cocktails after work, but I think her boyfriend blues escalated in the afternoon.

Rode with Tawny and Jeff to the Blue Martini bar near work. I had my heart set on having a pina colada, but was gently informed they don't serve frozen drinks. Bummer. Dirty martini coming right up! The drink came garnished with three colossal olives on a mini skewer. I was teased mercilessly during the next couple of hours about how big my olives were.

Our old friend, DJ, met us for drinks, too. We hadn't spent time just the four of us in years. DJ used to be so much more reserved when I met him almost 10 years ago; now he is much easier going. For years, I teased/tortured him about his limited diet. Meat and potatoes man. Well, tonight, he had my jaw dropping especially when he started out telling me he had made risotto. You made whhhaaa?

Words were coming out of his mouth that would normally come from me in our group. For food he mentioned beef wellington and Parmesan encrusted chicken. He then moved onto the upgrades he was making to his current home like pergola, whirlpool tub with aromatherapy, built-in gas grill and slate tiles. He enjoyed amazing me, the little devil.

In case you were thinking it...Yes, DJ and I have tried going out, but we were not clicking as well as being great friends it would seem. We are working again together now; he's a director in the IT group. The last time we got together just he and I, he actually had a spicy Asian dish (not me!) at one of my favorite bistros. I was floored.

Tawny and Jeff joined in the fun with their own martinis (except DJ who drank his requisite Heineken). The bar was playing Latin Jazz and was taken over by a live act singing NeoSoul. I was groovin' it and I was a happy (slightly tipsy) AGOL. Stopped in at Starbucks for coffee on the way home. Also received a cheeky text message from Tawny warning me against drunk dialing, blogging and texting. Oh, please -- the coffee kicked in...eventually.

By the way, Kathy -- girl, your name was prominent in tales/deeds shared tonight. I'll tell you in between bites of Vietnamese food tomorrow night at the restaurant. Get ready to snarf your food. Ha!


AGOL Geeky Alert: What would you print if you had a 3-D Printer? This made my USB port hungry for a new plug-in.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: