Friday, August 31, 2007

Absent Crickets

The sounds of crickets were absent at work today. One would expect the Friday before a three-day holiday weekend would be quiet enough to make us restless. Today was just not that day.

Morning was a series of e-mails and phone calls among vendors and internal personnel. Gladly welcomed Lisa picking me up for lunch out; unfortunately, we had to go back to work. The afternoon proved more difficult with one vendor's lack of communication. Gosh, I can't even write about it, I was so livid.

Left around 5pm, one hour earlier than my usual. Had an early dinner with Myrna since her husband was working tonight. She also helped me shop for my stepmother's birthday gift. I bought her two stylish and comfortable shirts that she could easily wear with denim or khaki pants. One was in her favorite purple color. I'll give them the AGOL gift wrap treatment and send them out in one parcel tomorrow. It needs to arrive in Chicago no later than Wednesday so I may bite the bullet and send it Express Mail with the holiday weekend. It's called living on the edge - ha!

Hoping to do The Saturday Four tomorrow barring any rain. I believe I am going to walk it by myself; my girlies have out of town plans. Better search for my earphones so I can listen to some music tomorrow. Funnily enough, my absent crickets are outside at the moment and have been at it after the rain tonight. How do I tell them to pipe down so I can sleep later? Anyone speak Cricket?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: