Sunday, August 19, 2007

No Drab Bird

Woke up alert and became more so thanks to cups of java. Bought some coffee pods again and dusted off my Senseo.

The drive for renewed energy has found me changing things in my surroundings the last two weeks whether it is the new mats for my car and front door to a new theme in my bathroom among many things. Cabal was not immune either. I spent about 30 minutes grooming him carefully during my Sunday morning television news magazine. No AGOL marbles were lost when he refused to cooperate with me during his hair trimming. He loves the brush but doesn't care for the scissors.

Had my nails done in the early afternoon and followed it up by taking the drive-thru car wash. I figured I shouldn't stop there so I used the car vac machine in the complex and then later parked in a shady spot by my apartment so I could detail the inside for 20 minutes and finally throw out those obsolete maps stuffed in both front doors. When it was dark and cooler, I sprayed foam shine onto the tires. Yup. Way into my car today.

With all this activity, I am still not fairing that great on Sundays. Perhaps someone could recommend a good exorcism plan for ridding yourself of Englishmen in your psyche? Okay, only one in particular because I still like a lot of English musicians and actors. Maybe I should take up eating large quantities of Marmite? That vile goo would cure anything that ailed you, but I am too afraid to eat even a teaspoon of it again. I get chills and trigger my gag reflex just thinking about it.

Oh, God. I am not even drunk blogging, but I am admitting that I still miss him and his friggin' Hoobie Hoos (don't ask). I had three different groovy shirts custom-embroidered for him relating to them. Each shirt had a nice graphic design and appropriate text. How many women would get t-shirts made as a response to someone's singing? He took the response incredibly well.

Guess I'm just a different kind of bird; my feathers are not drab that's for sure. Lord knows I've tried for 36+ years to make them drab and blend in the crowd, but the false color just keeps coming off. When they are bright again, I say to myself, Why be boring? Other people have that covered. Then the mad cycle starts again...Sigh. I'd better go beddy-byes now and heat up some warm milk for my new sleeping ritual.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: