Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SUPERFINE Brow Liner

It's a little bit of midweek madness in AGOL-land. Accounts Payable is driving Bridget and me to the last edges of our nerves, but we push through it by calling our interim boss and express our concerns. Okay, who am I kidding? We were having a bitch session.

Decided that I needed to visit a Happy Place after a rough morning so I literally dragged a surprisingly upset Tawny out of her office. Her husband was having one of his moments and decided to spread his dark joy. Grrr.

We ran into Sara (the Greek girl) at the elevator. Now Sara and I have a one-upsmanship going and we thrive on the verbal barbs. She's a member of my unofficial club Wild Women Do and They Don't Regret It. As we were all about to get in the elevator, I held the door for her as she got in, blocked the way and announced, I don't think there is enough room in here for all this ego. She was stunned and we all died laughing on the way down.

I was telling Tawny that if Bridget had been there, it would have been too much for the elevator to handle all the egos and God forbid the man who was brave enough to ride the elevator with us. She replied that he would've turned instantly gay from all that fierce estrogen. Some guys come out of the closet; he would have come out of the elevator. Ha!

My chosen Happy Place before having lunch was Sephora where an AGOL can be herself surrounded by cosmetics, perfumery and bath goodies. Needed to buy more moisturizer and a new eyebrow liner. My old one was discontinued so I bought Clinique's Superfine Brow Liner. For some reason, I emphasize the word superfine whenever I think about it.

On the drive home, I turned the radio on low and took the highway following the remnants of rush hour traffic. As I rounded downtown Trampa, the traffic was moving along at 50mph and I kept hearing a strange beep that lasted several moments and I thought it was the music until it became more pronounced. I turned to my left and some guy in his SUV had been trying to get my attention. I smiled and he mimed if he could call me. I said no and he drove off. I then looked in the rearview mirror and noticed the traffic had stacked up behind him in the fast lane. Oh good God.

What would possess a man to hold up highway traffic to get a chick's number? Almost had an accident myself when I had to brake suddenly a minute later. Called Bridget who was still at work and we laughed about it. It must be the hair or I need to lay off the lip gloss. No chance of that happening ever.

I had the intentions to buy my stepmother's gift tonight, but I didn't. Realized it too late as I drove into my apartment complex. Besides, I like living on the edge. It's going to be between me and the post office in the end. Don't worry. It will be done because I am not risking the ire of my ex-military dad. I'd rather go without lip gloss...for a week! Shuddering in Shallowville.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: