Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday Fringe

After the rubberized excitement of the morning, the rest of the day was in slow motion. I couldn't wait to go home.

Had an enjoyable lunch with Tawny and Jeff at Macaroni Grill. Received an invite for cake at temp's desk when we got back. Her cubicle mates bought her one with an actual "Happy Birthday" on it. Received a somewhat disapproving look from one of her cubie friends as if to say, we should have done more for her. Whatever, heifer. We made some effort and gave her something really cute yesterday. I don't even do cakes at work with Tawny and I've known her almost 10 years!

Tawny sent me this bittersweet news regarding our friend British Jeff. The thing about him is he is like a bad penny, he keeps returning. I joke, but I really hope everything works out for him. Meanwhile, his close friends here are helping him sell his home and his car in Trampa. The silver lining in his world is that his sons are happier. It is important to raise happy children wherever it takes you back. Besides, Jeff is getting proper pints now.

Not sure if the car appointment is going to work out tomorrow. Found out that the part had not been ordered as I requested earlier in the day. Will call in the morning to see if it can be ordered and installed tomorrow.

Received a call from my cousin Dave reminding me of the christening for Baby Colton on Sunday which I forgot about. My family is not always as organized and as formal about these things as I would like them to be. I try not to get frustrated, but I still end up grinding my teeth until I arrive at the event. You can only love your family no matter how freakish they get.

Hustled through a load of work in the afternoon before logging off earlier than usual. I was very tired and read to unwind. Looking forward to buying plants this weekend. Fell asleep after my dinner and was woken up by a call from Trisha in San Francisco. It was great to hear from her and catch up. She was on her way to see her boyfriend's band perform.

On to beddy byes now. Not doing The Saturday Four tomorrow in case the car shop can get the part for me. Nites.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: