Thursday, August 02, 2007

Something in the Air

Big topic of the day was The Rain! We live in a tropical state and rain does fall here, people. Duh!

It slowly dawned on me that I am about to be busier without Bridget in the office starting tomorrow to the following week. That ought to be fun. Not. She's leaving me all alone to deal with the temp! Might have to get Tawny involved to deflect energy vampire.

A rare bout of cabin fever struck me around 2-ish. IM'ed Tawny to walk around the building to get some fresh outside air. Under the covered walkway, we were safe from the gentle rain falling. I can't believe I was begging for air this afternoon. Haven't felt like climbing walls in a long time. I couldn't breathe for some reason and needed the space. Very odd...

One of the nicest IT guys I know, Vic, helped me out by working my helpdesk ticket quickly. He provided me with a DVD of the personal folder from my boss' computer which has e-mails with large contract file attachments. He also downloaded it on my Inbox for easier access.

My desk area is rather crowded not only with my fun AGOL-y desk stuff but with files and a large network printer. Inspired by Vic's presence, I expressed my need to re-feng shui my desk. He knows me and just laughs. Before I knew it, he was rearranging my area by moving my printer and all the cords from one end to the other. When he was finished, I felt like I could breathe again. Called Tawny to come over and check it out just to make sure I wasn't being too nutty. The new more open configuration was a hit!

On the way out this evening, I ended up in the same elevator as my SVP who chatted away to me. I provided short, but encouraging answers all the way to the garage. I have never formally met her. She'll have to figure it out later. I have issues with executives not getting to know their people.

Spent a quiet evening like the rain still softly falling outside. Can't wait for the busy day tomorrow so I can zoom to the weekend.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: