Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hello Vibes

Walked Cabal at 5-ish and on the way back saw a big green bodied dragonfly on the left wall in front of my door. It surprised me because I am used to seeing them during the day only, but it still made me smile. I love it when they visit me like that.

A tired Bridget greeted me at work, but she was nutty fun. Our interim boss informed us that a formal job offer was being made to replace our old boss. Yay!

I don't know what kind of vibes I was giving to the universe today, but I swear it wasn't conscious and I wasn't even flashing my famous pearly whites to the male population. I was invited for drinks after work which I declined and a couple of fun looking guys honked to get my attention on the way home while we were stopped at a traffic light. Those type of "hello vibes" have been shut off for about eight months now.

It is sad to say, but I feel like having a stop sign that says, "Okay, before you advance any further, please read this: The last guy I went out with made me feel comfortable enough to visit him in his own country for two weeks. He also me feel comfortable enough to do some other crazy and wildly fun things. So, Mr. Interested, what are you going to bring to the table?" In any case, I am not interested in putting out any kind of "hello vibes" out right now. Blecchh.

Just couldn't wait to get home and relax. Received a call from Myrna on the way. We're getting together on Saturday to renew our shared Costco membership and eat at my favorite restaurant, Maggiano's. I can't wait to devour some calamari; their squigglies are very delicious.

Now to pray that the inclement weather doesn't make too much noise tonight so that the doggie doesn't force me to get up and stay right next to him. Can't have him interrupting my new sacred sleeping ritual. I told him as much and he gave me this look as if to say: It is all about me, wench. You're on my time now and what I say goes. He is such a slave driver.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: