Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No Zen in Traffic

Road rage called my name this morning, but I ignored him. Instead I tried to listen to the radio, but they just depressed me with traffic news. Go figure.

Found out that my new boss starts on September 4th. I read his resume and he reads okay, but I don't feel excitement when I read it. His e-mail ID selection for his resume worries me a bit, too. He should have created a more professional one. Hope all that does not portend things or Bridget and I will not be too happy.

Lunch was perfectly quiet and I reveled in being able to enjoy one of my favorite glossy lollipop reading (Oprah's magazine). I purposely kept my head down so I didn't have to acknowledge anyone, but responded if they specifically addressed me.

Leaving at 3:30p today so I can go home and take care of my Pretty Boy Dog before I head out to Brandon. I thought that my route would be part of the road blocking today for the funeral of a slain officer, but it will be the opposite direction from me.

Hope Nan is ready for me and my shenanigans tonight. She's 92 years young. I may go easy on her while I sit with her for the early evening. My aunt and uncle have a church activity tonight. Better get back to the salt mines!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: