Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Froggy in the Woods

Met Kristey for The Saturday Four at 7:40am; Kim had other plans. She had asked to meet on Sunday instead, but as you know that is my sacred day. The parking lot was packed, but I managed a spot close to the entrance on the way out.

It was hot and sticky as evidenced by the haze and frog/fog in the pics below. The last mile back proved to be cooler than when we set out thanks to the cloudy sky. When I got back to my apartment after two quick errands, it was pure sky blue everywhere with wisps of clouds haphazardly brushed against it.

I had brought my camera with grandeur dreams of taking creative spider and spiderweb shots, but my late model digital camera doesn't zoom that well in certain shots. Must make plans to get a better zooming one so my picture taking limitations do not begin to work my nerve. Meanwhile, relive my morning with me...

One of many spiders suspended in the forest. I'm crushed that it is difficult to see more clearly the spider hanging right below the green branch. Notice the web lightly traced in a halo extension from it. In the background, my Spanish moss hanging like tattered lace on the tree branches.


Fog in the woods at 8:18am.


Leaf's underside. Daring to be different from the rest and showing me some love.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: