Friday, August 17, 2007

Butterfly Path

Today felt like I was following a butterfly path by flitting from one thing to another. The day had that kind of energy. I enjoyed it because it made the day go faster.

Bridget left early to pick her five-year old son up from the airport. She had been without him for two weeks. The first week she was on her vacation and didn't mind and the second week she was back at home and kept visiting his room. She wanted to bring him back so she could work, but I told her a few days ago that her son needed to reconnect with his mother and work was secondary. My trade off was that she did my filing for me. It is all about helping each other out especially when there is horrible paper filing to be done.

In midstream of my butterfly path, my $1000 printer registered offline and wouldn't print. It is near new. As I tried to figure out the error while instant messaging one of the IT Helpdesk guys, it started blinking an error I couldn't readily fix. I know all the IT peeps and have worked with them which earned me VIP treatment. Soon Tawny's son who works in the IT Desktop group came and investigated the problem.

He went back upstairs with one of the parts and came back with two of the same part (one being mine). It still didn't work. He resorted to "his touch" he calls it. Oh, brother... Well, I have to give it to him. Now I don't have to call on the service contract for it next week.

San Francisco Trisha kept text messaging me while she was visiting the eye doctor. Long story involving despicable eye stuff. I gently reminded her that I was working. Yes, I was!

Stopped on the way home at the store to get mundane items I don't feel like shopping for this weekend. While moving the cart around, I received a picture message from Bridget. She had taken a picture of her son from shoulder up all bundled in his own bed, his blond head partially lost in the pillow. Aaawww. Rest now, sweet boy, for next week you start really exploring your world in Kindergarten.

Enjoyed a nice walk with my Pretty Boy Dog this evening. The grass was cut today around the complex which gave it a neat look. My complex is set like a tropical resort and can be quite beautiful if you take the time to appreciate it as I did this evening. There are mini picturesque moments to admire as you walk around.

I love the Spanish moss draped and hanging on the tree branches. I love trees and the ones we have were preserved when this place was first built about 18 years ago. It gives a feel for Old Florida. There are ponds with gentle fountains in the middle, but really it is the plethora of lush green plants and sprinkling of flowers throughout that really make it. The crickets love them, too. You could hear them singing their praises very loudly tonight.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: