Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bella Come Un Fiore

A trip to the home improvement store this afternoon cheered me up immensely and yielded beauties for my enclosed porch. My once green thumb had turned to black the last couple of years and now I mean to redeem myself. My few surviving plants deserve their life no thanks to me.

Here is the new lot I chose this afternoon which is a mix of flowering plants with a colorful croton and two areca palms. Unfortunately, I couldn't choose plants with round leaves according to my feng shui bagua (map). It's okay to laugh if you don't believe in it. I bet you have your toilet lid* open all the time, huh? Thought so. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.



Gerbera daisy, you're so passionate.


You give me sunshine, Golden Trumpet.


Viva Mexican Heather! You will be the easiest to care.


Croton, your colors are rich as Croesus.


Never met you before today. I forgot your name already.


Made one more stop to pick up a few foodstuffs one of them being a package of hotdog buns. Imagine my horror when I saw the torn empty package on my living room floor with no crumby evidence left while I brought in the last of my new plants. Cabal was skulking around the coffee table with guilty eyes that were trying to avoid my surprised ones. I made it worse by exclaiming his name. I petted his head much later as a forgiveness and gave him only half his dinner while I made mine.

My new plants will have to repotted very soon. I'll have get out my empty containers from the storage closet before I buy new ones and more new plants. I can't wait to get my hands in the soil. It is a very cathartic and grounding experience.

..................
*AGOL Tip: In feng shui, whomever leaves the toilet lid up when not in use also lets their good chi (energy) or good wealth escape through flushing. Keep more luck in your life by keeping the toilet seat down when you're not on it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: