Saturday, August 18, 2007

S is for Shopping

The Saturday Four was with Kristey only. Kim was with her husband helping their daughter this weekend set-up her dorm for her last year at Florida State University. I remembered helping her with her Sweet 16 party which was just yesterday, right?

We took the four-mile walk in a slower pace. The humidity and heat were more bearable this morning. Before I knew it, we were back in the parking lot. Sweet!

Rested up and got ready to have Myrna pick me up for our lunch at Maggiano's in South Tampa. We shared our requisite calamari and Maggiano's Salad. Myrna agreed to try the Chicken and Spinach manicotti which was divine.

Myrna is allergic to garlic and can't take intense amounts of it. (Poor thing!) She takes half an allergy pill just in case the food served has too much of it. It's my job to pick out the food since I know the menu. We finished our meal with Zuccoto balls which are basically chocolate truffles of the chocolate mousse from the Zuccoto cake. It is less commitment on dessert, but enough to take the edge off. Thank goddess she is not allergic to chocolate or we would have to re-evaluate our friendship. She can't be allergic to both garlic and chocolate...

Took the bridge to Clearwater where we renewed our Costco shared membership and shopped. Found a set of reasonable saltmill and peppermill which can be an elusive set because the salt portion is usually a shaker and not a mill. I love Costco.

From there I asked Myrna to drive to the house I used to rent in Clearwater which she thought was cute and it was until my bastard of a landlord fucked things up and I had to move. AGOL Tip: Never, never rent from acquaintances/almost friends. Reasonable rent always means that there are hidden strings attached and they feel free to fuck you over when things break. Aargh.

Our Girlie Day continued to Northwest Tampa for an overdue oil change on Myrna's SUV and shopping while we waited. We made one more stop to a gas station near my apartment. The rain was just beginning to make its presence known and rapidly increased in intensity. We got wet going back inside the SUV but by no means as wet as I got going from the SUV to the apartment to unlock it. I changed shoes to go back and retrieve my goodies, but Myrna had already grabbed the bags and was at my door. I noticed she wasn't as soaked as I was because the rain had already lessened. Hmpf!

By the time I changed clothes and walked Cabal, the sun was shining again and the sky clear enough to see the moon. Steam was emanating off the pavement and the water was drying quickly. Yeah, we have quickie monsoons around here in the summer.

I bought a new elegant fabric shower curtain and liner which meant I had to change the colors of the ribbons on the towels in the bathroom. The room had an ochre theme and now is sage with antique gold and hints of cranberry. If you only knew how much French-wire ribbon (and other spools of fabric ribbon) I have to accomplish this change. Of course I have a wide satin-wired ribbon in antique gold color and an organza ribbon in sage! Doesn't everybody?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: