Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday Morning Wisdom

Being a poor sleeper and moving through the process, the weekends present an emotional challenge and I cannot expect to change my feelings overnight. I work and stay up late on Friday and Saturday evenings until I am queasy from lack of sleep to exhaust myself so that I don't wake up alert, but ready enough to tackle the day until I can mentally prepare myself. A poor way to cope, but it is a method for the time being.

While the dawn said goodbye to the sun, I worked more on my special project that even now I am beginning to question its formation. I forge ahead not quite knowing if it is right. Its completion will speak to me of its fate...

I welcomed The Saturday Four this morning with Kim and Kristey. Kim had asked if we were going to do two miles and I said no and that we would do the whole four miles regardless of the heat and humidity. I needed the release of energy and the time to commune with the forest. Their healing energy was welcomed.

Bought breakfast, got some cash from the ATM and filled up my gas tank. All this done with dissipating exhaustion with my cotton clothes drenched in perspiration. Home to Cabal watching me through the vertical blinds in front of the sliding glass doors. My warden had been waiting for his playtime. I walked with him first before complying.



I watched something on television this morning that reminded me of a quote from Bruce Lee:

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”




Water flows and transforms itself to accommodate what it encounters. Water is soft and allows for things. There is much strength in less resistance. I am trying to be more like water and work around and under the wall I am up against. That wall being me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: