Sunday, August 05, 2007

Colton's Christening

Slept in fantastically late this morning. Well, okay...after I got up and walked Cabal at 5am. It wasn't until almost 9am that I saw daylight for the first time. Watched my morning Sunday news magazine on television soon after while eating breakfast. The morning was beautiful.

I began a controversial personal project before noon and it has nothing to do with Project AGOL. Not sure if it will see the light of day. Discussed it with my closest friends and my cousin Angie. They were split on their opinions. Not sure about it myself, but not enough to stop. I will continue with it until it is completed and then have a tequila night to discuss it more properly with the gals. That might be a few weeks or less.

Got lost in Ybor City trying to find the catholic church called Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Obviously, I was in need of perpetual help when I was driving around aimlessly for about 15 minutes which made me late for the christening. One way streets and streets changing names made it more interesting. We all made our way for a late lunch at my cousin's home afterwards.

Baby Colton after he got home from church.


Good Lord, that is a big cake!


Stick barbecue, a Filipino staple at gatherings.


Baby Colton talking to me while I held him.



Once we were settled into my cousin's home, I really enjoyed spending time with my family with the noise of five rambunctious kids all under 10 running amok. The food was filling and the companionship extra comforting.

I remembered to ask my cousin Dave's mother-in-law where she got her pearls restrung. I am longing to wear mine again soon. Now I have a name of a trusted jeweler near their home. It is on the other side of the city for me, but it will give me an excuse to visit my cousin and his family.

Drove home and made calls to my cousin Angie to give her the 411 on the christening and checked up on my friend Nikki. She had left work early Friday to go to the doctor's. Home to an energetic dog and later received a call from Kathy. Worked more on my new project after while listening to detective shows on tv. Trying not to think about the super busy week I will be having at work. Maybe I need a bite of that piece of cake I took home...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: