Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sophocles

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; that word is love."

- Sophocles*

*Sometimes my blond highlights go a little deeper. I saw this quote and read the author's name as So-fo-kels as opposed to So-fo-kleez. I know better. It's okay to admit to missteps, foibles and flaws. My favorite saying lately is that There is Beauty in Truth...I found that out today as I was held captive to two journey blogs so out of my normal realm of reading. Yes, I know all blogs are journeys, but these are truly journeys. It's been about 11 years since I've touched upon the subject. Time passed quickly. We're talking hours and hours. I forgot to eat lunch and (almost) dinner. One tapped into my cerebral side so nicely. It was a lesson on baser nature of survival of the fittest, mostly cerebral fitness. The whys and wherefores. A light bulb moment. Now what? Time to revisit real unread pages that have been waiting patiently in my library, I think. My cerebral side has been a little distracted lately. No haze on my brain today. I love it when it is alert.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: