Monday, August 13, 2007

Storms and Sauces

Became very excited to show off my new porcelain dragonfly pin, but realized minutes into wearing it different ways that I didn't preplan for it. Ugh. It didn't look right hanging from my gold chain and the ribbon I picked out was too wide for the neckline of the blouse, etc. etc. I will have to design and make a proper ribbon necklace which means I have to get my jewelry making supplies out. Hmpf!

Work vibes were not good. Found myself grinding my teeth all day which brought on a headache later. Changed my left monitor's (I use two at work) brightness to be..ehm..brighter. Never realized it was dimmer than the other until I moved a window from one to the next that had very bright colors. Weird. On a good note, Bridget was back from her vacation which means I am less stressed, I think.

Properly went grocery shopping after work. Every time I opened a cupboard, moths flew out. It was time for more treats for me and my Pretty Boy Dog. My car trunk and a portion of my backseat were filled with goodie bags. By the time I got out, there were dark clouds fast advancing across the sky. Large droplets of rain began to fall when I got in the car. It became a race to get home.

The drive home took about 15 minutes and I figured I had about another 10 to get everything from the trunk to inside my apartment. I hustled and took three trips with plastic bag laden arms plus one additional trip for my laptop and handbag. It was still a little light when I arrived, but the storm clouds turned the sky into instant nighttime. Thunder and lightning were everywhere. Had enough time to spare for Cabal to take a quick wee before all hell broke loose.

Generally, I like to make my own sauces, but tonight I decided to try these Iron Chef Sauces and Glazes. I tried Orange Sauce Glaze with Ginger, General Tso's, and Sesame Garlic. These sauces are not cheap, but they are worth every penny. My favorite being the Sesame Garlic that I can use for stir-fries, dips for chicken tenders or in place of mayonnaise/mustard in tortilla wraps or thinned with water for an Asian salad dressing. My taste buds were very happy-happy.

It dawned on me last evening that I need to treat my bedtime with more reverence. My new bedtime ritual of treating it as sacred time began by turning off the television to achieve silence. I warmed some milk and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sipped its comfort before reading some pages from Lao-tzu's Tao Te Ching. I slept well last night so will try the new ritual again in a few minutes. Mmm...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: