Monday, August 06, 2007

Whistle While You Work

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."


Why isn't it as much fun when you check e-mail at work as it is at home? When I docked my laptop to connect to the network, my work e-mail began to populate with dozens of unread e-mail, mostly notifications of system alerts. I could tell it was going to be a long a day and it was. The hours ticked by slowly.

Had leftover goodies from the christening for lunch and there was only one freakshow at lunch, Tawny. She had read yesterday's post with the pics of Baby Colton and decided that she had a project for me...to have a baby. Has she lost her mind?! At the rate I'm going, the stork will be asking me to help pass the babies out while he's on a beak break. She wants to be around another baby. Her eldest son just turned 21, her daughter is 18 and the youngest turned 18 a couple of weeks ago. I'll blame her momentary lapse to low sugar.

My ex-boss called me this afternoon from his new job. They eased him in last week and are now inviting him to everything. I teased him by asking what kind of perks the company offered. Did they have ice cream breaks at 3pm? Did they have happy hour at 5pm? He said there were no ice cream breaks, but he wasn't invited to share any cocktails yet. I said that he didn't know the secret handshake yet like they have at the lodge. He countered that he had seen antlers going around the corners. He is a quick wit and I miss him already. He's also a great guy and a great family man.

Caught up with Jill while on my drive home. She had a rough weekend all around. Work was difficult because she has a steep learning curve which makes her nervous and her daughter was making things difficult when they were out with her mother. Her daughter will also be voluntarily moving from home into a youth ranch to keep her on the straight and narrow in a week. Poor thing.

The bright spot is that Jill has a new man in her life who truly appreciates her and the careful attention she gives. He invited her tonight for dinner and a swim in his pool. I am very pleased for her. That is one woman deserves many breaks.

I was grateful to be home in the evening, but I had a lot of restless energy. I decided to funnel it into replacing the front door mat with a new one followed by sweeping the porch and carefully placing my new plants around the perimeter before I watered them. The humidity was still a killer around 8pm which made me perspire more than necessary. How ladylike.

The display hutch behind my dining table was cleaned and I edited the amount of pictures I had on display. Relatives give you new ones without frames and you place them among the others to enjoy promising yourself to get frames for them. The space is breathing much easier now and the glass shelves are sparkling.

Enjoyed some sitcoms and an ep of CSI: Miami and now I am getting cleaned up myself and to a snuggly bed. I can't think about the busy day waiting for me tomorrow. I'll count sheep instead starting now...1...2...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: