Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dammit Janet

Ever feel the need for some serious kind of crazy?

Yeah, I know you do. It starts out as a niggling feeling you can't describe. You ignore it. Work some more. A tickling feeling in the back of your neck keeps trying to get your attention. It feels so real you swat at it. Finally, you get up, get coffee and make chatty talk with people in the hallway you don't care deeply about. Back at your keyboard and monitor, you reestablish order. That only lasts for a bit because crazy has taken over. You just gotta, mama. With your hands on your hips...

No, I didn't do it in the aisle, but I did in my mind. Professional decorum will let you keep your job in the corporate world. The craziest thing I did today was smile a lot to the CEO of our North American Branch and even flirt a little when he asked me how I was doing. I said my normal groovy. I took it easy on the old guy, I didn't say groovylicious. I couldn't lie. He seems like an adorably sweet man. Little does he know I am campaigning to be the Smile Ambassador for our company. There is no such thing in our company, but it could happen.

Oh gosh. I was buried deep in my own work and doing a part of my ex-boss' job. E-mails and phone calls came in faster than I could research and answer, but I didn't do too shabby. It's like everyone woke up and remembered they needed contracts executed and resent.

Gave Tawny a ride home. Uncharacteristically, I stopped and bought pizza to-go for dinner. Too tired and too much of I don't give a flying fudgicle attitude to be bothered with healthy and nutritious. Also, poured in brain candy by watching America's Got Talent. Ooh, it's getting good.

The Singing Bee just started and I have some chores like washing the floors and washing the rugs to get done. You know, I didn't sign up for menial work at home. At my job that's different story, it was in Section 10.7.5.3b1 of my application.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: