Sunday, July 01, 2007

This and That

Started my day talking to a hungover Yummy at dark-thirty. Yummy spent Saturday with his best mate Anton for a wet trudge on another dragon walk in the rain. They were trying a different path on one leg of their last trek. While the cat's away, the mice are at play. Anton's wife and their kiddies were out of town. The boys spent the evening doing a pub crawl chasing a rockabilly band.

Rockabilly is not a word I ever expected Yummy to say since he is such a heathen for not liking Elvis Presley. Dude, he is The King! I proudly display an Elvis magnet on my fridge. You're not even allowed to be any kind of Filipino without liking Elvis...

Angie called me back from yesterday. She was at the Hollywood Bowl last night watching an audience participation viewing of The Sound of Music. I've been to two of these here in the downtown Tampa Theatre. The Hollywood Bowl has a summer offering of a variety of events during the summer weekends. Sigh. I wish Tampa had more culture besides redneck. Yes, I know, just because Tampanians know more about Oprah than opera doesn't mean anything.

Shopped around town for a couple of hours. People watching yields a fair amount of knowledge on the public's degeneration. A woman was screeching at her boyfriend in the parking lot and another woman was yelling at her little boy nearby for something stupid. Did I mention I was at Wal-mart? Believe me, it doesn't matter if you're at the nicest one in town.

Talked to Yummy again who got some sea air during his neighborhood walk tonight. Living more northerly in the world (UK) makes for some interesting sunsets. He said that there was still light at 9:20pm. I remember in early May when I was visiting him how light it was at 5am.

Left Dianne a voicemail on her cell for good luck wishes on starting her new job tomorrow and reminding her how cool she is and how everyone will just love her. Can't wait to hear about her first day. She won't be totally among strangers. Two of our former co-workers are employed there, too and that is the reason why you don't tick anyone off professionally. You just never know.

Watched some TV before making it an early night. Matt Lauer from NBC's Today Show was prefacing Princess Diana's remembrance concert at Wembley Stadium, given by her sons tonight, with a reprise of his interview with them. Her favorite band, Duran Duran, was playing and at one time they were also my favorite.

I think Diana would have been proud of her sons. They seemed like regular guys who are very much aware how privileged they are in their upbringing and how normal they are not. It was comforting to me for some reason.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: