Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rain Brings Potluck

Bit of a switcharoo in weather today. It rained in the morning instead of the afternoon. Boy that felt just marvy! A girl who rode with me in the garage elevator commented in disgust on the humidity, "Great! My trousers are sticking to me. It's not worth putting on make-up this morning". My swift reply? "I don't know about that." AGOL Rule #2: It is always worth putting make-up on if not to finish dressing properly.

Work kept me steadily busy all day in between conversations with Bridget. She is so funny with her non-sugarcoated views on things and right now her live-in boyfriend is in the dog house. He asked her to get an outside activity as in a hobby of sorts. She chose roller derby and she practices two nights a week and some Saturday mornings. Now he's jealous of the time she spends at her new activity. Jeez.

While Tawny was in Iowa visiting her parents, she used a portion of the time to scan childhood pictures. Today she showed me the results in a PowerPoint presentation. Here's one of her with her famous curls. All her mom had to do was twist the hair, no curlers!



Tried calling Myrna on the way home to see if she wanted to have dinner with me. Her phone was busy. It turned out that she was trying to call me to ask the same thing. We met later across the road for a country-style dinner and some laughs using overexaggerated stories as we caught up on things.

I walked in the door ready to make up my time away from Cabal when my cousin Angie called. She was making her way home around Los Angeles.

In our relationship, it is usually me who comes up with odd and surprising tidbits. Unprepared, she sprung this question on me, "Did you know you can buy a scope that lets you see inside your own ear?" A whhaaaaat? The more she explained, this time bringing the Japanese into it, the deeper in laughter I sunk. Then she started to laugh because I was laughing.

Through her research, she found out that in Japan, they have salons where people can get their ears cleaned with an earspoon. What kind of wax build-up do these peeps get? This is what amazed my silly cousin: earscope tv. The page includes a youtube video demo of this Japanese tool for in-home use so you don't have to go to the salon. The best part is you can use it in your other orifices...or someone else's!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: