Monday, July 09, 2007

Depressed Mail

The first thing I heard this morning at work was my boss getting to work and realizing that he forgot his laptop at home. That was probably at least another hour round trip. I knew then it would be hellish Monday.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened. That was the problem. Poking my eyes at a steady beat with my mouse would've been more interesting, I'm sure. My mind was restless all day looking for new stimuli. Boredom can't be good.

It's Tawny's fault. She is still on vacation. She tortured me through the day with her progress across the States. They stopped in Hershey, Pennsylvania and she had the nerve to tell me that being in chocolate town was her idea of yummy. What do you think she was trying to say?

I found the update on Royal Mail in the UK. Yummy told me about this strike on Saturday when I asked why it was taking so long for him to get my card. He explained how Royal Mail's monopoly on the mail had been deregulated and now they have to cut the workers wages to keep from going under. It all just sucks Margaret Thatcher stamps.

They are messing with my mail to Yummy, darn it. It's almost like getting mail in Chicago or dare I say it -- getting mail at Tawny's house! If you only knew how many pieces of mail I have sent and then been Returned to Sender or just plain lost. She just lives across town! Yes, a Tawny retaliation is expected.

Not so surprising, the CDC has confirmed that antidepressants are the number prescribed drugs in the U.S. How come still the sour puss on my fellow Americans? Wrong dosage? All I need is chocolate and ice cream. Quick fixes and I don't need a prescription. The side effects are weighty but can be manageable.

Spent the evening on a cheerful project. The techniques can also be used on Project AGOL which makes me very pleased. I can't wait to employ them again on a more public project. Time got away from me I was having too much fun to eat dinner. Ate a small bowl of cereal just moments before this update.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: