Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Free Dollar

Didn't sleep well thanks to a few disturbing dreams during the night. Might have been the effects of Chinese food. My body was not used to all the oil. Took out Cabal before 4am and went back to sleep. Eventually woke up with a headache. What a great souvenir from the night.

Swallowed another pill of ibuprofen at work. The one from home didn't do the trick. Felt like I had a hangover, but didn't have a drop of alcohol the previous evening...

I would not have expected a guy from Ohio to reject a random act of kindness and that's what the little bugger did. He was a sales representative from our company and he was at the vending machine trying to buy some bottled sodas. He had a fiver he needed to break, but was not sure the machine would take it. He only had two singles and needed another one to buy enough for all the people he had offered a drink to in his meeting.

Being nice, I tried to give him a dollar for free. He wouldn't take it unless I told him my name and find out where I sat. I iterated he didn't have to pay me back at all. Mr. Ohio was determined. He then found me much later after lunch in my boss' office and gave me back my dollar. My boss razzed me about side jobs for a dollar. I don't even wanna know, he teased. If I did, it certainly wouldn't be for a buck that's for sure! (wink)

Ate some leftover Chinese at lunch with my chopsticks. There is something just magical about chopsticks. I keep a supply at my desk at work and a package at home. It makes meals more delicious somehow and makes dining more fun.

Kathy's boyfriend Jamie interviewed at our company today. His nickname from me is Rosemary's Baby or RMB. If he gets hired on, our Circle of Evil will be complete.

One of our old friends brought him around and I almost didn't recognize him in this get-up. He briefly showed me his iPhone. It was geeky sexy ! I suffered all afternoon from iPhone envy. I'll play with it more tomorrow and try out the new Wii gaming system at his house. Kathy is having a few of us over.


By the end of the day, I received additional responsibilities as a result of my boss leaving which was okay and will keep me busier plus provide some variety. That's the spirit, old gal.

Received a map for our off site vendor warehouse visit tomorrow afternoon. The site is closer to my home so I will be able to take care of Cabal before going to Kathy and Jamie's house tomorrow. Missing most of rush hour traffic through downtown Trampa will be wonderful!

Gave Tawny a ride home but we detoured for a Mexican dinner at Vallarta's. Too bad I was driving. I could have used a few cervezas to...uh...cleanse the palate, mind you. The past couple of days have made everything taste weird. That's my story.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: