Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wishing on a Baking Day

Woke up feeling more rested today from getting more than four hours of sleep which is average for me. Okay, it was five last night. One hour made a world of difference.

Made up my mind to have iced coffee this morning which spelled a near disaster during my extended vendor meeting. The AGOL was extra effervescent let's just say. It was a supreme effort to appear near normal and slow my speech to an understandable speed.

Broke for a quick lackluster lunch fare in the break room. Spent time with Tawny suffering through my temp's attempt to include me in her birthday festivities this weekend. She had already been crassly campaigning for cake to be brought in Friday to another employee. Even as far as dictating what type of frosting she should have and what color the design would be ideal. Ugh. That left a poorer taste in my mouth than my lunch. Hope she's not disgruntled when she doesn't receive one.

Bridget and I attended an online training class that bored us to near sleep. She actually had her head down. We couldn't even surf the Internet because opening another screen would cause us to be disconnected from the conference. Was that smart planning on the program? Glugged more iced coffee during the call to keep up.

Where I sit on the third floor, I can see outside ahead of me or behind me. It was the same view of dark sky and water pelleting against the window. If it were 25 degrees colder outside, it would be a prime Baking Day. I would love to bake chocolate chip cookies on such a day...or my famous rum cake.

Here's my favorite vanilla waiting to be poured into my heart-shaped measuring spoons.


I thought more about it on the drive home, imagining the measuring of ingredients and the delicious vanilla laced aroma it would release during baking. Still no eggs in the fridge though and I wasn't stopping anywhere, but home. Settled in after walking my dog in the rain with a bowl of creamy butternut squash soup sprinkled with my favorite crunchy rice noodles.

Yes, I even have a heart-shaped enameled cast iron casserole pan. I make soup and healthier dishes in here. It serves well on the table, too. Smiles all around.


What can I say? You just have to do everything with love.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Kathy B said...

It's a disappointment when I *don't* see the heart casserole out at one of your gatherings- it's so very AGOL :)

helloagol said...

Was actually thinking of having another one soon...We'll see. I wanna fire up the Blender Tec. One cup of ice turned into snow in 10 seconds...

Kathy B said...

Halo halo? or something with beans at the bottom? We missed it at philfest.. :-)

helloagol said...

You know that is not a bad idea! I could make Filipino food since we missed out on Philfest with my UK vacation the weekend after. Planning it.

May have to make an AGOL martini just for it or serve AGOL style pina coladas... ;p