Friday, July 20, 2007

Wii, Madamemoiselle!

My morning flew by with a lot of busy things while trying to keep Bridget from blowing a gasket. Another person in accounts payable was testing her patience today. We all take turns with that department.

Was able to have a pleasant lunch with Tawny today. Everyone else had plans thank God so I could have a decent conversation with her before I left at 1:45pm for an off site vendor visit.

My department met at one of our vendor's new office and warehouse for a QBR (quarterly business review). They were proud to showcase their new facility and super efficient warehousing system in a dog and pony show complete with a tour conducted by an executive and goodie bags filled with product and brochures we could take back to the office.

My previous company only dreamed of having their new warehouse implementation go as smoothly as this vendor's did in mere months. My previous company is still trying to sort out the multi-million dollar mess after a few years. Maybe I should refer them.

We were finished by 4pm which was great on the whole. Bridget and my boss had to drive extra and go through Trampa Friday rush hour traffic in the rain. The rain was so bad that three people were struck by lightning I found out later. Two by the beach and one where my aunt and uncle live. I was just miles near the site as I drove home. We suffer typical summer Trampa weather which is a horrible dose of rain and lightning for about an hour and then bright scorching sunshine the next. Bi-polar weather.

Cabal was happy to see me home early and to comfort him through the storm still raging on my side of the city. Fed him and later took him out when the sun shone before backtracking near the same area I just came from to go to Kathy and Jamie's house. Jeff, Tawnyia, Ant and Becca showed up, too. We ordered pizza in and later played Bowling on Nintendo Wii. What a blast! It was better than playing a board game and more physical, too. Gaming disguised as exercise. A rather devious concept if you ask me.

Kathy served some white cherries (or Rainier cherries) which were so sweet. I love love love them!



Kathy opened an interesting large bottle of Belgian beer flavored with raspberries that someone from work gave her. It tasted more like flavored wine mixed with club soda. I only had a shot size serving to taste though since I drove myself.



Here's Jamie instructing us on how to create our Mii's or our identities which we can use for all the games. Jamie is 5-foot, 5-inches and their ginormous 67-inch TV almost dwarfed him...as most things...or children. HA!





Went home late, but early enough to get some sleep. Potentially having a big day of activities tomorrow. I know my morning is booked from 4:30am until two hours after high noon. A big cup of java is in my future.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: