Sunday, July 15, 2007

I See Yummy People

Had the best morning since April 21st. Yummy and I, through the magic of webcam and Internet technology, were able to see each other in a live web feed. He hooked up his own webcam which is exactly like mine. There were several rebooting of our machines, more on his side. Between text messaging on our cell phones, instant messaging and readjusting skype settings, I think we now have our own Goldilocks settings that work for us without crashing our machines.

It was daylight his time and dark morning my time. There was a bit more of a delay it seemed, but the experience was Pure Heaven. Apparently, Yummy was suffering from a bit of a hangover and hadn't shaved yet, but he looked like his nickname, just yummy. I could go on and gush more, but I think he would kill me. Yummy asked me if I had make-up on at 5am. He was indeed correct. Didn't want his first live video to be startling even though he's seen me in person looking like a member of Total Hagdom.

We both were able to see each other's homes by panning our cameras around manually. Cabal got camera shy despite the fact that he is usually vying for my attention when I am talking to Yummy. He stayed long enough for Yummy to see him while I petted him. For us to see each other doing a simple thing like sipping tea was like a gift from the gods...

Decided against taking my goddaughter and her siblings to Harry Potter today and will wait until next Sunday for the crowd to die down a bit. I am all about maximizing my movie going experience for the enjoyment of the film.

Saw Yummy again in the evening, but the technical difficulties forced us back to regular skypee. I think I need to wear headphones next time to take out the extra audio echo which made me wait to respond. Difficulties or no, it was worth it. I simply had the best day!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: