Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sedation by Heat

Spent part of the day reading pages of online content. Had this insatiable thirst to fill my mind with information. I get that way sometimes. I figure that if I consume enough information, I can use it to problem solve or to generate ideas. Right now I am brainstorming for Project AGOL.

Aside from taking my Pretty Boy Dog out a few times, I made it to my nail salon later in the afternoon where it was quiet thanks to the killer heat outside. The heat reflecting on the pavement is just unbearable. I forgot to park in the shade again so I was a roasting AGOL. The manager was trying to upsell me on more services, but I was having none of it. Didn't feel like being pampered today. My mind was too active for any kind of relaxation.

Talked to Yummy for almost an hour soon after my girly ritual. He was all yawny which made him a Yawny Yummy! Okay, bad joke, stop groaning. Entertainment was slim pickins today. I wanted to yawn, too, from being in the heat. It just takes the vinegar out of you.

I like that Yummy is man enough to cry at movies. He was watching The Color Purple. I cry at TV advertisements, but then again I cry when I am having a bad hair day...more like whine, actually. Poor thing has been bracing himself for an ugly two months of working full-time with balls to the wall. (Pardon the rather if not appropriate graphic description.) You'll have to get the lowdown on his blog.

Chatted with Angie earlier today. There was a situation yesterday right before I got home that didn't make me too proud of myself as far as showing a touch of human kindness. She said that I would know for the next time.

I mentioned it to Yummy, too, and he said that there was probably something that was stopping me for a good reason and that otherwise, I would have done what I wanted to do. All these words from both made me feel better about it. I guess you can't always help everyone no matter what your morals dictate. A higher power protects us from harm when our own overgenerous nature wants to take over...

Read this interesting bit on Table Card Readers. America is slow on the uptake sometimes. I saw this in action while I was visiting Yummy. It is an efficient way of paying your restaurant bill and doesn't make you wait for ages before your server returns. On to more reading!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: