Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Full Tilt

I've decided that the worst part of my days lately have been the mornings. Feel like a pinball in a pinball machine bumping against flaps and bells. Bouncing from fighting back tears when I think of MEBFKAY to road rage at rush hour traffic to experiencing PMS symptoms. Makes for a mad morning.

Meetings with our boss who's last day is Friday and our interim boss have taken precedent. Our group is having lunch at The Cheesecake Factory tomorrow right before more meetings. I am going to miss my boss. He's a good guy. His official last day will be tomorrow, but he'll probably cut out early.

On a brighter note, I've realized it's official that I have the corner market on the greatest friends in the world and I will not hear any words against them!

IM excerpts.....

Nikki: Do you remember the card you gave me months ago? Well if you come by my cube you will find it on the wall here. It is here pinned to my cube wall and it brightens my day every day I look at it.

Tawnyia: Whomever you are speaking with at the moment feels like the center of your attention. You go out of your way to make sure everyone feels important and cared for. That is why we all love you so much.

Jill said when I told her what Tawnyia wrote: You do make everyone feel important. You do that for me. I listen to my card often. (A musical card of encouragement that plays "I Will Survive" that I had given her a couple of months back.) I have all of the little things that you give to me. Even the ribbon from the presents. I am lucky to have met you and YOU do make a difference in my life.

You can't buy genuine validation like that and all it took was being myself. I love it!

Kathy picked me up for dinner tonight. We went to a restaurant that I had seen being remodeled and wanted to see the results. The place looked great with its updated decor and bistro feel. Ended up ordering from the breakfast selections off the menu and finishing with our own pie slices. It was a great time filled with giggles.

We stopped at the grocery store after so I could pick up a cake and card for my boss tomorrow. Bridget will be helping with getting that and our invitees organized for a quick get together in the day. We want to make sure he realizes how much we appreciate him and want to wish him well.

The lesson here for the ladies is that you should never neglect your friends when you have a boyfriend because you will always need your friends. There shouldn't be drastic changes in your relationships with your girls. Who will catch you when your relationship fails? I always make sure my friends know they are still a part of my life and make time for them because I care deeply about them. Feeling their love back now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

Had a great time! Here's a joke for you: A hot dog walks into a bar. Sits down and says "bartender give me a beer." Bartender checks his ID then gives it back. Hot dog says "where's my beer?". Bartender says "we don't serve food here - beat it!"


Yeah, I know it's old, but still cute!

KB