Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sacred Sunday...morning post

I can remember my mother many times saying that Sunday should be for rest. She forced my dad to do so on these days and made sure he relaxed and maybe received a bit of spoiling. He was the breadwinner and she would make sure that his weekends were enjoyably restful especially Sundays.

In a weird way of keeping with that tradition, I keep most Sundays to myself as a sacred day for me whatever that entails. My Sundays in the last several months have included MEBFKAY whether that was a skype conversation in the morning and/or the afternoon.

On the days I would have my nails done, I would cut it close to when we would have our cyber date as if dressing for it. He was always good about asking how my nails were. Silly man. I've always wished him a Happy Sunday and he caught on it, too. In fact, my first message or comment to him ever wished him a Happy Sunday. I am having my nails done this afternoon and there will be no rushing home after. Might as well change the timing of my visits to be earlier.

Funny thing, he mentioned to me once that Saturday mornings were not Saturdays unless we talked when I missed one and he was expecting me. I wonder if he felt the same yesterday as I am sure to feel about today...My Sunday morning TV news magazine is almost on. I'd better sip the comfort in my tea while it is still warm.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: