Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Yankee Doodle AGOL

Happy Fourth of July!

Woke up normal time thanks to Cabal and sent Yummy his surprise. I told him he would receive it via e-mail at 10am his time. My e-mail contained a video of me I made using my new webcam. Get your mind outta the gutter. There is only room for mine.

Anyhoo, with this brand, they have avatars that you can calibrate to your face so that it can mimic your facial expressions as you speak and other cool accessories to superimpose on your face. I chose a green alien with a planet in the background and then giggled my way through the rest of the recording with other visual effects. It was quite hilarious. Yummy enjoyed it and we discussed it more during our IM chat in the afternoon. I told him my plan of using it for Project AGOL. We'll see how it goes.

Updated with the original video thanks to new blogger feature:



Received some holiday text wishes from Tawny and Kathy which always cracks me up. I used to be big on celebrating the 4th of July. Sometimes I would go to two events in one day. Now, well, now it is in the middle of the week which is awkward and I can't leave Cabal to watch fireworks. The blasts going off around the neighborhood bother him too much.

Thinking about Independence Day makes me think of my own citizenship. In April 1984, I became a US citizen. I didn't understand the whole thing when I took my oath at 12 years of age, but I have learned to respect the privilege...

Today also makes me remember celebrating the Bicentennial (1976!) in the Philippines. I remember being with my mom on the Air Force Base watching the fireworks display while sitting in the bleachers of a football field. Looking up in the black sky, pyrotechnic chrysanthemums exploded in the air one by one. I would imagine them as gifts raining down from the sky. I can even recall the commemorative white t-shirt with American emblems on it.

Spent the evening watching TV and comforting Cabal during the fireworks in the neighborhood. He really doesn't like hearing the explosions. Poor pup. Wherever I went he was a step behind me. Oh man! I just remembered I have an American flag bandanna for him. He would've been so cute with it around his neck! Sigh. Guess we'll have to settle for him being naturally cute. He's got enough cute to go around.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: