Friday, July 27, 2007

Proper Cooling

My air conditioning in the apartment has been behaving peculiarly all week and worsened by the day. It wasn't cooling properly. I would come home and it would be a few degrees warmer than the 73 degrees I leave for Cabal. Shutting the air off for a minute then turning it back on resulted in receiving cool air again, but it would cool to 66 degrees instead of the 70 degrees I would have set for the night.

While walking Cabal yesterday after work, I asked one of the leasing agents to put in a work order for me the next day with the condition that two specific maintenance people were the only ones allowed to enter my apartment. They happen to be a husband and wife team who Cabal enjoys. I made a mental note yesterday to follow-up with a phone call at 9am.

Much to my surprise, there was a voicemail after 8am this morning that the husband was coming early to check on me since he knew I had a pet. Didn't hear the phone ring with my hairdryer, but heard him knock minutes later. Gosh, that was nice! He really cared and made note of my description of the problem and gave his diagnosis. I left Cabal in good hands...

Bridget and I trained with my boss for some last minute items. Set ourselves up with our own profiles, etc. on several accounts to replace my boss as administrators. We said goodbyes after his exit interview with HR late afternoon. He promised us his new information at his new job next week. We will definitely miss him.

Tawny informed me that British Jeff arrived safely in England to live with his boys at his mum's house (temporarily) in Liverpool. Exhaustion finally caught up with him; he was conked out on the sofa. The boys were very happy to see their dad after being on what started out to be their summer vacation. Tawny and Jeff are helping with clearing out his Tampa home and making sure it is kept up while on the market.

Came home to a properly cooled apartment and a happy doggie. Had a light dinner and watched a movie given to me by Kathy and Jamie. It was an indie film that had pirates in it. It was quite good actually and portions were filmed in Tampa. Jamie had Kathy bring it over when we had dinner on Wednesday to cheer me up. What thoughtful friends!

Doing the hustle again tomorrow at The Saturday Four. Kimmee has a early hair appointment. Might swim at British Jeff's pool at Tawny's invitation later. It's been a long time since I've swum and I love water! Floating on it feels like being rocked like baby. Don't worry I have SPF 900 sun lotion for my vellum white skin.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: