Monday, July 16, 2007

Major Mundane Monday

Bought a breakfast croissant with egg and cheese this morning from our building's cafe. Jesus, the Latin guy behind the counter, greeted me with his usual mischievous smile then quickly frowned and asked me what I did to my hair. Okaaayyyy...wasn't expecting that at all.

I had parted my hair in the middle like a good Asian and left it alone without coiffing the top, but I curled the angled cut in the front towards me. I informed Jesus as much and he said he liked it and so did several other people in the office I soon found out. Blame Yummy for the change. He liked it yesterday and I thought I would go with it. Bangs are too long though, but those can be trimmed on Saturday when I get my hair done.

Tawny left for a Dr.'s appointment to see about the migraine she's had most of the weekend. The doc gave her meds that knocked out for three hours. She has been running herself ragged lately.

Received a drive-by IM from Yummy checking on me. He and his homeys roll like that (or boneys with his corpse monologues). He is a thug poet who's wit it, y'all!

Rush hour brought dark as Hades rain clouds. Luckily, I had over an hour before I headed out for the evening. It was still raining, but not as scary. I don't mind because I love the rain and storms. The rain gives me an excuse to have baking days. Sigh. Can almost smell vanilla.

The drive home was made more enjoyable thanks to a song like Europa by Gato Barbieri playing on the jazz station. Calm and relaxing. It was followed by Careless Whisper by George Michael, but I ignored it. I used to love that song, too.

Succumbed to a guilty pleasure tonight. I watched Victoria Beckam's (Posh Spice) reality show Coming to America. It chronicled Posh's three weeks alone in Los Angeles to get things settled before her super soccer star husband David and their sons come from Spain to live. It was amusing, but the hour was not enough. It skipped around too much especially around her using her favorite adjective major. Everything was major. In retrospect, she does look like a blow-up doll. Huh. Never thought of it until she demonstrated it for us. Now that was major!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: