Saturday, July 07, 2007

Call of the Mall

With a bowl of Cheerios in hand, I talked with Yummy at the usual 5am mine/10am his time. He was experiencing a rather remarkable phenomenon called full sunshine. It's funny to think of it while I live in the Sunshine State.

Two hours later, I scurried like a bunny to meet Kimmee for our walk. We walked for four miles in the same amount of time as last except for that we walked in high dew point in 82-degree heat. It was oppressive. I drank one bottled water right before the walk and finished the two I took with me. My clothes were drenched. The heat and humidity really kicked our butt today. At least we finished without dying or having to be picked up by the park ranger.

Sweaty and red-faced, I turned up my car's air conditioning and rushed home for a shower and a change for my lunch with Jill at the Cheesecake Factory. We were in tropical cocktail heaven just before noon. I ordered my usual Baja Chicken Tacos and she had the Luau Salad, followed by us splitting a slice of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. We walked for a couple of hours around the mall to try burning some calories when we weren't ooh'ing and aah'ing over goodies like clothes, make-up and furniture.

It was four o'clock when we parted ways in the parking lot. We had a great time catching up and laughing. I was grateful for a two-hour nap when I got home. Only had three hours sleep the night before. Watched a melange of British sitcoms on public television such as Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, The Vicar of Dibley, Fawlty Towers and Dr. Who before bed. A full day of laughing -- my favorite!

.............................................
This falls under the heading of WTF?: A Lulu of a Loo. I am not saying anything, I just saying.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kathy B said...

You are dedicated to Flatwoods - I give you props for that in this weather.... you could have melted away (if Splenda melts?) !

helloagol said...

Ha! Thanks for the props, girlfriend. It wasn't easy, but sometimes the things that are good for you aren't easy at first.

Hugs,
S