Saturday, June 30, 2007

Soap Opera Baby

A very bright full moon shone upon Cabal and me as we walked around at 4:40am. The moon was like a giant spotlight against the clear onyx sky. It was so mesmerizing as if it could take up anything it touched and no shadow could be dark enough to hide under...

My four mile with Kim this morning passed much quicker than any of our other walks. We were able to complete the walk in 90 minutes (22.5 minutes/mile). Still not sure that is fast enough even though we were able to get our cardio up and keep a steady pace. The only real stop was near a bridge when I admired a giant dark blue (almost purple) dragonfly . It danced around me and I cursed myself for not having my camera with me instead of in the car trunk.

Tonight I visited my cousin Dave and his wife Michelle's baby Colton (aka Soap Opera Baby - because of his name) for a few hours. He is the ripe old age of three days!

Michelle handed him to me right away when I walked in the door. I could have held him like a quarterback with a pigskin tucked under my arm he was so tiny. I told his parents as much. Colton was quiet for a long time and even stared at me while I cooed at him. He started to fuss a little and I figured correctly that he needed to burp some air. Can a newborn have a vibrato when he burps?

My view of Colton as I held him.


Another view of Colton with camera angled.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: