Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Aunt's Nature Preserve

My aunt and uncle live around a lake that inhabit some fish, ducks and other Florida critters. I don't know about any alligators at this time.

I was watching television with Nan when I heard birds raise a ruckus through the sliding glass doors. Sandhill Cranes were squawking right on my aunt's lawn! They are such beautiful and graceful birds. I love the way they look when they walk.

The cranes let me take this picture of them, but as you can see they had each other's back in case this AGOL did anything untoward. That or they were asking Where's happy hour? I wanted to know, too, but I was on Nan-duty.


Here's a picture of a cluster of mangoes growing in my aunt's mango tree next to her house.


It is like having Little Philippines around the house with all the fruit trees (papaya, banana, mango, calamondin, pomelo). My uncle always complains that it is hard to cut the grass around these trees that she's placed willy-nilly in the yard. Well, can you really say no to the immense joy these trees bring your honeypie? Didn't think so.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: