Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cheery Cherry Smiles

Wednesdays are cool. It's the half-way mark in the work week and I get to wish poor unsuspecting souls, "Happy Hump Day". I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

Traded my mid-morning snack of South Beach peanut butter bar for cherries this morning. On about my 11th pit, I began to wonder if the batch I bought was grown in Chernobyl. These suckers were huge! I stopped at 17 then realized I had red stains on my fingers. Checked my teeth in the mirror and there were telltale cherry stains, too. I smiled quickly before retrieving my pack of whitening gum. Yes, I know I am obsessed.

Baby pictures also brought a smile to me. My cousin Dave and his wife Michelle had a baby boy today named Colton. He's still a hefty baby for being three weeks early at 6lbs. 4oz. Baby Colton is 19.5 inches long of cutie freshness.

Cousin Dave called me to invite me to see the baby and I agreed to come tomorrow night after work. It wasn't until about 10 minutes later that I decided to forfeit my time and have my aunt and uncle go together while I watch Nan. It just seemed more appropriate for them to see their own grand baby together. I can wait until Saturday when he gets to come home. My aunt and uncle were very appreciative.

Met Myrna and Kristey for casual Cuban food. I haven't been to this restaurant in over two years and I forgot how really delicious the food tasted. Cuban style roast pork, black beans and yellow rice and yucca with garlic and lemon plus some fried plantains (platanos maduros) warranted the happy food dance. Of course, I didn't do it well..too stuffed. Maybe I saved too many of my daily calories for dinner? My girlies enjoyed their food too when we weren't howling with laughter. The rest of the evening passed with quiet smiles.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: