Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Invisible Pea Soup

Summer is definitely getting in gear in Florida. The humidity is so palpable which makes the heat oppressive. It's like walking through invisible pea soup. Forget about having good hair days. Air conditioning is my best buddy!

Thinking back on our staff meeting today makes me chuckle. Bridget and I were very quiet, the temp talked more than both of us and my boss said what he needed to say while wondering who deflated our balloons. At 2:30pm, his expectations were just set a little too high. Ha!

E-mailed with Yummy who seemed in better spirits. He is on the hunt...dragon hunt, that is! Here is his new blog chronicling his dragon hunting adventures with his best friend, Anton: True and Wonderfull and can be found under AGOL Fascinations on this page.

They are taking this Friday-Saturday-Sunday to finish "the walk". Something like 40 miles spread over three days. There better be protein bars, water, ibuprofen, neosporin and sunscreen in those backpacks! Anton is geeky about packing like some Asian Goddess we know so I feel comforted he will have everything he won't use, but thinks he will need on the trip.

Kathy picked me up for a curry dinner at our new favorite Indian restaurant (or "Ruby" as Yummy says) off Fowler called The Taj. It was two for two. Both meals we've had there have been delicious! I have some left overs for dinner tomorrow night. Yummy had this advise for us: Remember to drink lots of beer, and try to get into a fight if you can for the authentic experience. Sadly, no beers and no fights, but plenty of girl talk. Maybe next time.

I was sharing with Kathy about my aspirations to be a television personality. We discussed this "thing" I have with how people/strangers relate to me. Kathy has known me for over nine years and has seen how people approach me about my make-up or hair, how I get remembered in restaurants and places and how free people seem to feel in approaching me. I've had "mini me's" in other women wanting to emulate things about me. People often ask me my opinion on places and restaurants. I do project a "brand" about me that has become so ingrained, I don't think about it anymore. It sounds very self-bloating, but I have witnesses. There is only one place I can think of to really take advantage of that "thing" and that is television.

The past few days has me coming up and forming an idea of a cooking show I already have a name for and other shows I would enjoy doing. I've taught cooking classes before and my guests enjoyed the experience and have come back for the same class. Kathy hit me with an idea so obvious, I could smack myself silly. (Shaddap, Angie!)

She said I could make some "programs" and put them on youtube. Face it, I don't have any real professional experience (yet) and this would be a way for me to practice, perfect and showcase my goods. And it would be cost effective! If I asked nicely, Tawny's husband who has worked on productions for public television could film and edit it for me. Truth be told, he's offered it to me years ago, but the show would be aired on public access on cable which is free. Now to get into more TV friendly shape and script my show(s)...
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Peter Kenny said...

Excellent Idea!

helloagol said...

Isn't it? It is almost too easy...

Thanks for your support honey. XX