Friday, June 01, 2007

Rice and Rain

Happy First Day of Hurricane Season! Mother Nature decided to help us welcome the season with some much needed rain. The grass I like so much around my complex has vast patches of brown.

Not much today. Bridget was back at work and my boss was quiet. Had lunch with T&J at the mall and saw someone we hadn't seen for a while, but that's their story.

Someone really worked my nerve, but I am trying to let it go. Poor T&J and Bridget got to hear about it since they know this person and see them most days. When I get on a rant, it is not good. Karma was dealt within hours for this person and I didn't even have to resort to voodoo dolls!

My girls know I love my rice cooker. What a pleasant surprise to find this on a search engine page today: Rice Cooker Bread. It sounds interesting, but I wouldn't actually do it. The fire hazard warnings alone are enough to NOT do it. Which reminds me...

I haven't posted the picture below, but that is what it took to get my travel-size hair dryer to work in the UK. Can you believe it? The curling iron was out of the question. The big box in the middle was not registering green, but blinking back and forth between red and green lights. The wattage was too high. Not good. I'm sure Yummy thanked me for not testing it further.



Gave Tawny a ride home in crazy traffic thanks to the rain. I opened a can of Wolfgang Puck's Butternut Squash Soup for dinner. Wow! It was delicious. Next time, I will add tons of freshly ground black pepper. Sometimes soup just hits the spot in rainy weather.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: