Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sewing Inspiration

The rain from Tropical Storm Barry continued from the night. Cabal did not enjoy getting his paws wet during our walk at 4:45am, but he enjoyed the towel drying when we came in. He is so shameless. I just tried not to step into any puddles with my flipflops.

Drove to my morning hair appointment hoping the weather would be okay. Slate clouds hovered over my side of town, but slowly gave way to some blue sky and warm sun on my way. By the time I got out, it was raining again. That's liquid sunshine for you.

My hairdresser Michelle seemed in a better frame of mind and I was truly happy for her. I brought her a souvenir from my UK trip, mug and chocolate. She loved the creamy Galaxy bar. Who doesn't?

My new sewing machine that has been in the trunk of my car since Christmas finally made it into my apartment. I am bound and determined to conquer my fear of sewing. Today I bought some supplies to make a small handbag. The instructions are easy, but when you seem to have a block on sewing, easy may as well be rocket science.

I talked to Yummy tonight for a bit and explained my sewing enigma. He stopped me dead in my tracks and asked me what it reminded me of that kept me from doing it. I can change belts on vacuums and have planned $200,000 events for a company. This should be no problem for me...

I turned the machine on and threaded it after I talked to Yummy. The instructions I have did not exactly have a pattern so I had to create the main one and the corresponding shapes for trim, etc. on my sketchpad. Getting closer. I am determined to get this done.

My sketch pad had a Dr. Wayne Dyer quote I had written in sometime back: Contemplate the surroundings of the conditions you wish to produce. It was a reminder that my dreams have yet to come to fruition and I need to keep them in mind. Perhaps making that breakthrough in sewing will help me.

Found Dr. Dyer quotes I have enjoyed --

Dr. Dyer explains his definition of success:
Thoreau: "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." That always has defined my road to what you call phenomenal success. I have advanced confidently in the direction of my dreams. I have lived the life I imagined. And I have had a ball doing it.

And last but not least this one which resonates and haunts me everyday from Dr. Dyer:
“Don’t die with your music still in you.” Everybody has that music..what it is they feel most blissful doing, what it is that they’re doing where they lose all sense of time, of fatigue, of hunger. All that dissolves because they’re inspired...


More...
Allowing success discussion with Dr. Wayne Dyer
More discussion on his site.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: