Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Out of Sorts

I rescued Tawny this morning from caffeine deprivation. Poor thing was held captive in her office by another day of conference calls. To avoid her going postal, I brought coffee. Crisis averted. You try to deal with her when she hasn't had any coffee. She gets a bit twitchy. Yes, that is spelled with a big fat capital B.

Having a day off in the middle of the week messes me up. Was it Monday again? Just felt out of sorts. I am a fairly sensitive being and I must be feeling everyone's freakishness and uncertainty in this company. Just loooooooovely. Too bad it is another typical day at work.

To make matters worse, my aunt reminded me of the family baby shower she is giving her daughter-in-law on Saturday. Ugh. It will be Michelle and Dave's third child, a second son, scheduled to be delivered next week via C-section.

Employing herculean effort not to be bitter, truth be told, and instead be a good niece by attending and showing my support for my aunt's efforts. When I think about other people having babies like the eight women at my work this spring and summer, I feel the heaviness in the empty space between my arms. Oh, hell. Better get off that subject before I write a horrible rant fueled by the cruel unfairness in the ways of the world...I told you was feeling out of sorts. Maybe Tawny needs to bring me coffee.

I called the apartment office to check up on the progress of my shower. The tiling work will not be completed until tomorrow when they grout. I am able to use the tub faucet but not the shower head as a water source.

A McGyverlike idea to rig something up with polyvinyl dropcloth and some painting tape high on the walls for a proper shower were dampened when I saw the delicate state of the tiles being dried by a fan. Oh, yeah. I can't wait until 6am tomorrow to use my ninja skills to bathe.

I'd like to feel joy continuously about the world for more than a few days. Is that possible without drugs and a serious touch of stupidity? I'm not sayin' anything...I'm just sayin'.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!