Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Demolition Day

Stayed home today to get the issue of my bathroom tiles sorted out. I hate to wait and that is what I had to do. Being at the mercy of the apartment complex just grates my nerves. On a happier note, I didn't have to go to work today.

Around 1:30 pm I couldn't stand it anymore so I caved in and called to "confirm" my appointment. They were waiting for the mastic they had ordered to butter the tiles with and adhere on the walls. How long would that take?

One of the maintenance ladies came over and inspected the shower. She was surprised at the extent of the damage and was displeased with the existing grout job. I told her I have been trying to get sections of the shower sparkling white with bleach, but with no luck. She said she would redo as much as she could around the shower.

This is the section where the tiles were buckling. Two near the left fell.


My maintenance lady lifted some of the tiles until she reached some dry spots. Argh.


Now that she has given my bathroom a new look, she has even accessorized it with a blower to dry the wall for tomorrow's re-tiling. At least it goes with my decor.


My tiles were not being repaired today. Maintenance will come back tomorrow to finish the job. Cabal likes this lady so she can come in by herself. I don't have to be present and defend any intruders. She petted him for a bit and he brought his rope bone to her. Later, he shamefully laid down and rolled over for a belly rub. He is a such a ho!

Talked to my girls during the day via IM and received a call from Possum who has scheduled more interviews for this week. Meeting her for lunch on Thursday after one of them. Well, off to Nan-sit for the evening and a shower right before I go home since I cannot use mine. That is just galling, but better than no shower at all.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: