Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Holy Grail Found

Just when the office was getting to be a steady flow of boring and irritating, lady luck smiled upon me by helping me find the manual that I have been seeking. It was all I could do not to scream Eureka! at my desk, but instead I trembled with excitement and quickly downloaded it on our network.

For almost five months, I have been asking the IT guy designated for our application for a manual. He said we didn't have one. Better yet, he barely knows how to answer our questions on how we can run reports or why the workflow in the system is the way it is. His not-so-helpful answers were working my department's nerve. Now we have 1300+ pages of knowledge. Funny, I found it on one of our websites his department is responsible for right now.

The best part was showing my boss and seeing the utter relief on his face. He was going to have answers at his fingertips! Part of our bigger group will have it, too. I truly felt like a superhero...Amazing AGOL! That might be a stretch, but I feel great.

Yummy IM'ed me late in the afternoon. He had a stressful day pitching ideas to a client and to make matters worse, he had to get up at dark-thirty. He doesn't do well getting up really early. That's my job. Did I mention I am an insomniac? Most times I am, but I am more of a dozer around the house from the bed to the sofa and back again. Anyhoo, Yummy's got a short week and he's getting ready to go on his dragonwalk with his best buddy on Friday. Lucky duck!

I catch-up on phone calls on my drive home and today was a busy time. Tawny was first and chatted with her for several minutes. Myrna called me back a few minutes after I left her a humorous voicemail. She kept me company while I drove home. Her poor puppy Teddy is still suffering from wormies, but he's on the mend. Jill called me back while I was at the grocery store and kept me company while I browsed around. It was an impulse stop. I wanted to take advantage of the Buy One, Get One Free deals on items I actually use.

On the way home, I called Angie in Californ-I-A. I was proudly telling her of my ongoing success in living (almost) sugar-free for the past four weeks and feeling the results in my clothes. No more spikes in energy and I've made a commitment to myself to eat 5 smaller and smarter meals to keep me even throughout the day while I calorie count. So far so great!

Arrived home later which pushed my evening wind down later. Yes, that meant no sewing. Tomorrow is another day for superhero moves.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is worth noting - that said IT guy is NOT a part of our current company - he is remnant from old company. Because as you know from past experience OUR IT guys would never be so uncooperative. LOL! :)

helloagol said...

Thanks, Tawny. I forgot to clearly disassociate said dweeby IT guy from our lovable peeps. Besides, ours know how I get. HA!