Thursday, June 28, 2007

Joy Quotient

Was feeling the joy vibe really well this morning until I was up to my elbows at work. Ugh. When your work is not that activity which makes your heart sing like Aretha at a kickin' concert, your joy quotient moves like a needle on a broken metronome.

I read several blogs to get some good vibes going again and commented on a few. Yes, the word demented was sitting right next to me helping me write. The one that almost had me completely on the floor was Badgerdaddy's blog with his entry on a rather delicate dilemma he was sitting on. There is a warning level of vile on this post. He writes like how my friend British Jeff talks which makes it even more brilliant.

Possum met us for lunch today. She starts her new job next week and we won't be able to have lunch during the week unless one of us has a day off because of the distance. Very happy for her. Her new company is getting a dynamite employee.

One of our lunch buddies was a bit draining today. I felt like flat soda. No fizz. The drain continued the rest of the day. Maybe the impending full moon and the inclement weather patterns were affecting me too. I kept waiting for rain on our side of Trampa, but there were no raindrops to be counted.

Tawny and her husband are leaving for vacation starting tomorrow. They are driving all over the midwest and a trip to New York for two weeks. T reminded me that she has a Blackberry that I can text or that I could call her. Does she think I won't be able to make it while she's gone? She's my tea break buddy, my lunch buddy and my meet-me-in-the-restroom-buddy-so-we-can-gossip. Okay, maybe a little...one tiny dot bit on a pinhead. Hee.

Left work at 4:50pm to make it through traffic and take care of Cabal before driving to Brandon. As I was opening the door with one hand and moving Cabal with his leash on the other, my boss called. There was a last minute process I had to accomplish but I had to wait for the first portion to be completed. Something involving our CEO and an SVP's approvals. Lovely.

I rushed Cabal on his walk and fed him before speeding to my aunt's to fire up my laptop and log into work. A normal 45 minute drive in traffic only took me 30 minutes, thanks to my aggressive driving. Walked into my aunt's house and barely talked to everybody because I was on a mission. Wouldn't you know it that around 6:30pm and after IM'g with my boss, I find out that the project will be done tomorrow instead. Was he kidding me?! It wasn't his fault; it was the vendor's for being slow on a quote.

Sat with Nan for a few hours while my aunt and uncle went to see their new grandson together across town. I told my cousin Dave that I would visit his new baby on Saturday instead. My joy quotient rose up a few notches knowing that volunteering my time tonight was the right thing to do. The smiles on their faces were well worth it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: