Monday, June 11, 2007

Resetting Monday

Thankfully remembered to attach my new pedometer before I walked Cabal this morning. The manual recommends getting a base reading for the next three days. Sometimes I do follow instructions on things when it is important to me...

I was bopping along this morning after dog walking by eating a fiber-filled breakfast cereal, switching laundry around, and noticing belatedly that I had leaned on the washing machine long enough to accidentally reset my pedometer. Rats! Not a setback. I can remember around how many steps I had already taken and add it later to my total for the day. You can become obsessive checking your progress every 15 minutes. It paid off in this instance.

A gold box greeted me at my desk at work. It contained a mahjong-inspired bracelet similar to the one Tawny has that I've been admiring. She found another one during her trip to St. Augustine this weekend and picked one up. Tawny also included the dragonfly pendant she made from Precious Metal Clay which when sculpted and fired leaves the silver behind. Pretty, huh? My precious.



Made a walking date for Flatwoods this weekend with my friend Kim. It'll be a good way for us to catch up and do a positive yet healthy activity. I can't wait!

Yummy IM'ed me in the afternoon. He was amazingly none worse for wear after walking 40 miles over three days. I thought he may be flat out in bed already after having to be in work today. Must be the English air sustaining him. I sent him a link that is related to a health book I've been reading and he was appropriately grossed out. He thanks me for sharing, I'm sure.

He and Anton came up with some rather charming thoughts during their dragonwalk which I will leave him to tell on their blog. It was something about magic which brings to my mind my own beliefs on magic.

When you're a kid growing up in a less fortunate situation, you tend to have more faith and hope in magical things. In the shadows of them you know there is a reality which keeps you grounded. Hopefully, the shadows don't out grow the faith and hope of finding real magic as an adult. A glimmer of magic is worth believing in and fighting for even when things seem insurmountable, but that is why it is called magic because anything is surmountable with it. Abracadabra! or Open Sesame. It is not the words but the faith in knowing magic happens.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: