Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Being Mindful

You CAN change your bad habits. Last night when I was at the grocery store, it would've been so easy to grab all kinds of sweets and snackies because I felt ravenous and had only consumed about 800 calories so far that day. My car accident had me out of sorts and not managing my energy well.

I was pleased that I had waited until I got home to eat a proper meal. It is a challenge to be mindful of your food when you have hunger pangs. I made a lower fat and calorie version of a Reuben Sandwich which was quite tasty with the sauerkraut.

In the next few days, I will be able to enjoy the avocados and cherries (the Yummy kind) as well as the veggies I can put together quickly for a hearty salad. Not sure what I will be doing with all the limes I bought. No, Tawny, it will not be Margarita Night at my apartment.

Weird news today...I found out that my old VP from my last company was walked out yesterday afternoon. The pet supply industry isn't doing that hot at the moment, I guess. Yummy also had some layoffs at his work which included one of his good friends. Ended up having an impromptu IM chat with him around 1am his time. Although it weighed heavily on him, he's going to be okay. Besides, he has too many projects to keep his mind on.

The rest of the evening was quiet and I watched more of America's Got Talent auditions. I am enjoying the mix of judges this time around with Sharon Osbourne. Also, preparing for another step in Project AGOL which should be visible to the world late next week if I plan correctly.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Margarita Night is at my place...at least until the Jose Cuervo is gone...until then - happy happy!