Friday, June 08, 2007

Seeing Mr. Biv

How sad is it that I had convinced myself it was Friday by 10:30am? I didn't have my Casual Friday clothes on so it couldn't have been. Well, there is tomorrow...

Yummy and his best buddy began the other half of their dragonwalk around eight their time. I think it is to be about 15 miles today starting from Arundel, the town with a nice castle we visited. It was raining this morning by Yummy's account in their blog. Squish. Squish.

Somewhere out there breathes a dragon!


While he was hunting for dragons, I began making notes on what I now call Project AGOL which has a few sub-projects. Been thinking more about the TV idea and listing my possible sites to shoot practice shows in a couple of months. It all depends on the availability of my buddies to film, my potential guest cooks and mostly my self-motivation. The whole thing feels right to me and the time for it is better. The bigger picture has been a seed for almost 10 years now. Talk about slow cookin' ideas.

Instant messaged with my friend Kim this morning and we may start making play dates on the weekends by walking Flatwoods Park. It is free, in the midst of trees and it is close enough to drive. I'll have to bug her more about it next week. My only thing is its namesake that it is flat. What I will lack in terrain, I will make up in mileage.

A good portion of my afternoon was spent at our other building with the Accounts Payable group going over unsolved invoice mysteries. My boss drove Bridget and me over which was rather nice of him. The famous afternoon thundershowers could be heard from within the building an hour into the meeting.

One of the ladies who works in my building, Tina, made a stop at a local healthfood grocery store and bought some goodies to snack on during our meeting. She had heard me talking about cutting down my sugar intake earlier in the hallway and bought me sugar-free Pecan Meltaway cookies. Gosh - it was very thoughtful of her and they were made with organic whole grain! They were delicious and I didn't have to cave in and eat the Oatmeal Raisin ones she bought for the rest.

I stayed late at work even though my heart wasn't in it. Being the buyer today meant I had to hustle on orders I didn't do earlier. Maybe my mood was tied to the weather.

On the way back to my apartment from walking Cabal, I noticed a rare sight of a rainbow. It was bright and spanned the full arc in the sky.



The middle was a little hazy compared to the rest. I took it as a life message. We start out with our own colorful and brilliant light in the world. Somehow that dims when we live our life, but becomes colorful and brilliant again near the end when we understand why it dimmed. It's not that it dimmed, we allowed the things that do not matter cloud our light. That's what I got.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: